Conference Planning in Uncertain Times
ECA 2021 | Conference Update
2021 Eastern Communication Association Conference
Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Massachusetts
Wednesday, March 24 - Sunday, March 28, 2021
In the spirit of our 2021 conference theme, “Resilience,” we are moving forward with planning an in-person conference that will be held in Cambridge, MA from March 24-28. The uncertainty of the months ahead also requires that we explore virtual options for conference attendees.
Here’s where we’re at in the planning process:
- Finalizing calls for papers and updating website information. Our submission portal is scheduled to open in the next few weeks. We’ll continue to share updates when the submission portal is open and as more information becomes available.
- Exploring options for virtual conference platforms.
- Developing a survey to assess the needs and preferences of the ECA community.
- Securing advertisers and sponsors for digital and print opportunities. Thanks to our sponsors who have transferred their 2020 contribution to the 2021 conference. For more information, please contact Director of Sponsorships, Matt Mancino, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Distributing a Basic Course Conference call for ideas. The ECA Basic Course Conference Director, Dawn Pfeifer Reitz, is seeking input on topic areas for the biannual Basic Course Conference that will be held on March 24, 2021. We invite you to take 3 minutes to complete this survey that asks for your ideas and potential presenters. Please access the survey here: CALL FOR IDEAS
We hope that you are looking forward to re-connecting with ECA friends and colleagues in March 2021. Please reach out to Amanda McKendree, Primary Convention Planner, with any questions (email@example.com).