ECA - Call for Nominations ... Editor-elect of Communication Quarterly, 2022-2025 (Vols. 71-73)
ECA members are invited to submit nominations or self-nominations for Editor-elect of Communication Quarterly, 2022-2025 (Vols. 71-73). All candidates who meet the membership requirements set forth in the ECA Constitution, Article III and the Bylaws, Article IV, are eligible to apply.
Communication Quarterly is published five times per year. As ECA’s flagship journal, Communication Quarterly has been edited by nineteen scholars from around the nation, and continues to publish the finest quality research in the communication discipline.
The following will be considered when assessing qualifications of nominees.
- Research Experience
- Editorial Experience (prior editorships, guest editing, review board member, manuscript reviewer, etc.)
- Project Management experience and outcomes
- Vision for the journal
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Ability to create a support team
Incoming editors are expected to attend a workshop funded by Taylor and Francis prior to the start of their term. Nomination materials should include:
- A letter of application addressing the following:
- Leadership experience and outcomes
- Vision for the journal/Content direction
- How equity, diversity, and inclusion will be achieved
- Plan for Support Team development
- Copy of current CV
- A letter of institutional support (IS) or candidate’s plan for editing without IS
- Plans for use of the editor’s stipend
- Three letters of recommendation
Nomination materials are due by January 8, 2021. Please send nomination materials electronically to:
Katherine S. Thweatt, ECA President, firstname.lastname@example.org