ECA - 2020 Convention - Call for Papers ... Applied Communication Interest Group
The Applied Communication Interest Group is requesting paper and panel submissions for the 111th Annual Convention of the Eastern Communication Association in Baltimore, Maryland. The convention theme, Haboring Innovation, is built around how we make change in something established, especially by introducing new ideas, methods, or activities that strive to transform lives, communities, and organizations. This interest group invites submissions of papers, panels, and roundtable/program proposals that focus on how communication theory, research, and practice contribute to addressing pragmatic, social issues to harbor a better future. The Applied Communication Interest Group is committed to help the general public solve socially relevant problems and to test the usefulness of communication theory in "real-world" settings. Research should highlight the connection between theory and practice by demonstrating theoretical applications and the usefulness for potential users to understand and implement recommendations will be accepted.
Papers and panel/program proposals must be submitted electronically by Monday, October 15, 2019 by 11:59 p.m. PST.
Undergraduate Scholars Conference (including posters) and Graduate Poster Submissions are due December 13, 2019.
ECA will again be using Attendee Interactive to manage submissions and reviews. All submissions should be uploaded through Attendee Interactive at the following site: https://ww4.aievolution.com/eca2001/index.cfm. The deadline for submissions is October 15, 2019 at 11:59 p.m PST. You will be prompted to create a User ID and Password to submit your work if you have not already done so. An email will be sent to the membership in the next couple of months to announce when Attendee Interactive will be open for submission.
The Applied Communication Interest Group invites submissions following the specific requirements below.
Submission Guidelines for Completed Papers
Papers should be written in accordance with APA 6th edition.The following fields will be completed for individual submissions:
- A detached title page with the title of the paper and the author's affiliation, mailing address, telephone number, and email address.
- The word "Debut" marked on all papers written by authors who have not presented previously at a regional or national convention.
- A one-paragraph abstract on the second page
- The statement of professional responsibility on the second page.
- If the paper has multiple authors, submitter should indicate who will be presenting at the convention.
Submission Guidelines for Panel/Program Proposals
Proposals should be written according to APA 6th edition or the University of Chicago Manual of Style. Include the following items in all panel/program submissions:
- A thematic title for the program.
- Names of the chair and respondents (if any). Chairs should not also be designated as respondents.
- Names , mailing addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, and institutitional affiliations of all participants.
- Titles and abstracts for each paper or presentation.
- A program copy (no more than a 75-word description) as it should appear in the final program.
- A detailed rationale for the panel/program.
- The statement of professional responsibility
Include the following professional responsibility statement with ALL submissions:
In submitting the attached paper or proposal, I/We recognize that this submission is considered a professional responsibility. I/We agree to present this panel or paper if it is accepted and programmed. I/We further recognize that all who attend and present at ECA’s annual meeting must register and pay required fees.
For additional information about the upcoming convention, please visit ECA’s website http://www.ecacomm.org/. All questions or concerns related to the Applied Communication Interest Group can be directed to: Mary Donato, Department of Communication Studies, Buena Vista University, 410 W 4th St. Storm Lake, IA, 50588. E-mail: email@example.com. Phone: (712) 749-2186.