Call for Papers
2022 Eastern Communication Association Convention
Philadelphia Marriott Old City
April 7 to 9, 2022
Submission Deadline: October 15, 2021 11:59 (Eastern Time)
The 2022 ECA convention will be an opportunity for (re)union! If all goes well, the 2022 convention will be our first “in person” ECA after two years of being unable to gather our community together. We seek to make ECA 2022 an occasion of joyous reconnection and opportunity to build new connections among our community members. We also seek to make ECA 2022 a location of reflection, deliberation, and learning as we emerge from the global pandemic and consider how we as Communication educators and scholars will contribute to a post-pandemic world.
We invite ECA interest groups and members to develop programming for the 2022 convention that focuses on “(Re)union” in a variety of ways, including:
- Reuniting colleagues who have similar research and teaching interests
- Reuniting colleagues who have made significant contributions through their collaborative work
- Reuniting colleagues who have shared mentorship experiences
- Building new unions within ECA to move our discipline forward
- Building new unions between ECA and the larger communities in which our members live and work
- Creating opportunities to connect around shared research and teaching interests
- Opportunities for reflection on the effects of the global pandemic on our teaching, research, and professional development and how to move forward
- Deliberation on how communication scholars and educators contribute to a post-pandemic world
We look forward to our 2022 (re)union!
Pamela J. Lannutti
First Vice President
Additional Submission Information:
ECA utilizes Attendee Interactive to manage submissions and reviews. ECA will send an email to members and update the Convention section of its website with a link to the submission link this summer. To submit your work, you will be prompted to login using ECA-specific credentials (you do not use login credentials you may have created for any other association, such as NCA, that uses Attendee Interactive), or to create an account.
You may only submit a single paper to one interest group or affiliate organization for consideration.
The Attendee Interactive link will be available soon!
You must include the following Statement of Professional Responsibility with all papers, posters, and proposals:
In submitting the attached paper or proposal, I/We recognize that an accepted paper, panel, or poster is considered a professional responsibility. If this submission is accepted and programmed, I/We agree to register for the ECA convention, pay fees, and present the work. I/We understand that presenters with last minute emergencies should take all possible measures to arrange an alternate presenter, and communicate their plans to both the Interest Group Planner and ECA VP.
Convention Acceptance Notifications: January 2022
ECA 2022 CONVENTION PLANNERS CONTACT INFORMATION
Thank you to the individuals listed here for their service to ECA and to our discipline.
First Vice President & Primary Convention Planner
Pamela J. Lannutti